Victoria, BC (February 5, 2020) – Modo adds a second wheelchair accessible van to its fleet, making it the first shared vehicle of its kind in Victoria. The vehicle will be conveniently located at Community Living Victoria, at Cedar Hill Cross Road and Merriman Drive, and is expected to be a welcome addition to the […]Read More
This note is to inform you of our efforts to deal with COVID-19. CLV is doing everything we can to keep people supported and our employees safe and healthy. We really appreciate your patience during this extraordinary time. As you may expect, our plans will continue to evolve as circumstances change.
At this time, we are doing the following:
- Community Inclusion (CI) and after school youth programs are cancelled until further notice as we try our best to support people to remain at home. If this creates an undue hardship, contact Mike Jensen at 250.686.1161.
- All residential programs (including staffed residential, Independent Living, Supported Apartment Living and Home Share) will continue to operate.
- CLV office based staff have the ability to work remotely so that you can continue to reach them.
- We are continuing to implement recommended enhanced universal precautions, social distancing and other measures among our staff and people supported that increase everyone’s safety.
- The Provincial Health Officer and Ministry of Health have now advised that Residential Care facilities are to restrict visitors to essential visits only. This is in addition to the requirement to restrict anyone from entering the facility with respiratory symptoms and anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
Thank you to our amazing employees who show up to work each day amidst this unprecedented crisis. We recognize that they have families and obligations that they are juggling to manage.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation changes. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Executive Director Ellen Tarshis firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Victoria is looking forward and preparing for our 6th CARF Accreditation survey in Spring 2020. Stay tuned for updates and ways that you can participate in the process!